The second wave of COVID-19 has started in Quebec. Unlike the first wave, the spread of COVID-19 is right now concentrated in the community. Each day we learn of new cases in schools, daycares and other institutions in our territory. We need your help in stopping the spread of COVID-19. Your respect of the public health guidelines at all times is critical.
Current guidelines for Montreal – orange alert
- A maximum of 25 people is permitted for public indoor and outdoor gatherings.
- For private outdoor or indoor gatherings, a maximum of six people or two families
- (i.e. two families with a total in excess of six people authorized).
- Persons aged 70 years and older and those with medical conditions should avoid crowds.
- Wear a mask while indoors in public places and elsewhere as indicated.
- Maintain social distancing of 2 meters (6 feet).
- Wash or disinfect your hands as frequently as possible.
- Outdoor activities are preferable to indoor ones.
- It is recommended only one person per household go shopping, such as grocery stores. Choose delivery if you or a family member are at a high risk of complications.
- Intra-regional travel is not recommended.
Respecting these public health measures is necessary to protect your health and well-being and that of your neighbours.
We thank you in advance for your collaboration.